Company Name :DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION(DRDO)
RAC INVITES ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATIONS THROUGH RAC WEBSITE http://rac.gov.in FOR THE POSTS OF SCIENTIST ‘B’ IN DRDO AND SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘B’ IN AERONAUTICAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (ADA) IN THE PAY BAND PB‐3 (`15600‐39100, GRADE PAY ` 5400/‐) IN SPECIFIED DISCIPLINES AND CATEGORIES. TOTAL EMOLUMENTS AT THE TIME OF JOINING WILL BE APPROXIMATELY ` 60,000/‐ P.M. AT THE PRESENT DELHI RATE (LIKELY TO BE REVISED AS PER THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE SEVENTH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION).
DRDO, India’s premier R&D organization employs bright, qualified and competent scientists in Group ‘A’ (Gazetted) technical service known as Defence Research and Development Service (DRDS). DRDO offers exciting and challenging career opportunities in very broad spectrum of R and D at its more than 50 laboratories/ establishments throughout the country. For further information about DRDO please visit DRDO web‐site http://drdo.gov.in.
ADA is an autonomous Body under Ministry of Defence, Government of India. ADA is entrusted with the design and development of both the Air Force and Naval versions of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). ADA provides challenging and excellent working environment. For further information about ADA please visit ADA web‐site https://www.ada.gov.in
DETAILS OF SUBJECT‐WISE CATEGORY‐WISE VACANCIES:
|A: Part I - Screening Based on Valid GATE 2015/ 2016 Score|
|No.of Vacancies||Essential |
|Corresponding GATE**paper (code)||Equivalent Acceptable Subjects|
Gen OBC SC ST Total of Qualifying Degree
|1.||Electronics and Comm. Engg||38+2#|| At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics and Communication |
Engg from a
|Electronics and Communication Engg (EC)||1. Electronics and Communication Engg|
2. Electronics Engg
3. Electronics and Computer Engg
4. Electronics and Control Engg.
5. Electronics and Communication System Engg
6. Electronics and Instrumentation Engg
7. Electronics anf Tele‐Communication Engg
8. Electronics and Telematics Engg
9. Industrial Electronics Engg
10. Tele Communication Engg
11. Telecommunication and Information Tech
12. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engg
13. Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg
14. Electrical with Communication Engg
|2.||Mechanical Engg||34+1#||At least First Class |
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or
Mechanical Engg from a recognized university or
|1. Mechanical Engg|
2. Mechtronics Engg
3. Mechanical and Automation Engg
4. Mechanical and Production Engg
|3.||Computer Science and|
|26||At least First Class |
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Computer Science and Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||1. Computer Science and Engineering |
2. Computer Science /App Engg./Tech.
3. Computer Science/Engg. and Info Tech
4. Computer Science and System Engg.
5. Computer Software Engg
6. Computer Science and Automation Engg
7. Computer Technology
8. Computer Technology and Informatics Engg
9. Computer Technology and Information Engg
10. Information Science/ Technology Engg
11. Information Technology Engg
|4.||Mathematics*||7||At least First Class Master’s Degree in |
Mathematics from a recognized University or equivalent.
|Mathematics (MA)|| |
2. Applied Mathematics
|5.||Electrical Engg||10||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electrical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||Electrical Engg (EE)|| |
1. Electrical Engg
2. Electrical Power System Engg
3. Electrical and Electronics Engg
4. Electrical and Renewable Energy Engg
5. Power Engg
6. Power Electronics Engg
7. Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg
8. Electrical with Communication Engg
|6.||Physics*||6||At least First Class Master’s Degree in |
Physics from a recognized University or equivalent
|Physics (PH)|| |
2. Applied Physics
3. Physics (Electronics)
4. Solid State Physics
|7.||Aeronautical Engg||5||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Aeronautical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||Aerospace Engineering (AE)|| |
1. Aeronautical Engg
2. Aerospace Engg
3. Avionics Engg
|8.||Chemical Engg||9||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Chemical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||Chemical Engineering (CH)|| |
1. Chemical Engg
2. Chemical Engg / Chemical Tech
3. Chemical Plant Engg
4. App. Chemical and Polymer Tech
5. Polymer Science and Chemical Technology
|9.||Chemistry*||5||At least First Class Master’s Degree in Chemistry from a |
recognized University or equivalent.
|Chemistry (CY)|| |
2. Organic Chemistry
3. Inorganic Chemistry
4. Analytical Chemistry
5. Physical Chemistry
|10.||Textile Engg*||2||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or |
Technology in Textile Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)|| |
1. Textile Engg
2. Textile Chemistry Engg
3. Textile Technology
|11.||Civil Engg*||8||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Civil Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.||Civil Engineering (CE)|| |
1. Civil Engg
2. Civil and Structural
|12.||Material Science and Engg/ |
|1||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or |
Technology in Metallurgy (Material Science and Engg/ Metallurgical Engg)
from a recognized university or equivalent
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)|| |
1. Metallurgy and Material Tech
3. Materials Engg
|B: Part II ‐ Screening Based on Percentage of Marks in Essential Qualification|
|No.of Vacancies||Essential |
|Equivalent Acceptable Subjects of Qualifying Degree|
|13.||Agriculture Science*||1||At least First Class Master’s Degree in Agriculture Science from a recognized University or equivalent.|| |
2. Agriculture Horticulture
3. Agricultural Chemistry
4. Agriculture Zoology
|14||Animal Science*||1||At least First Class Master’s Degree in |
Animal Science from a recognized
1. Animal Science
2. Animal Science and Bio Technology
3. Animal and Plant Science
|15.||Cognitive Science*||1||At least First Class Master’s Degree in Cognitive Science from a recognized University or equivalent.|| |
1. Cognitive Science
|16.||Biomedical Engg*||1||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Biomedical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.|| |
1. Biomedical Engg
2. Biomedical Instrumentation engg
3. Bio medical Tech/Science
4. Biomedical Genetics Engg
|17.||Fire Tech Safety Engg*||5||At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Fire |
Tech Safety Engg from a recognized
university or equivalent.
1. Fire Engg
2. Safety and Fire Engg
**GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
#Marked vacancies are for ADA.
AGE LIMIT :
The upper age limit not exceeding 28 years (as on closing date i.e. 10 Apr 2016) Age relaxation: Maximum relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:
- Upto 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates for the posts reserved for them.
- Upto 03 years in case of OBC(Non Creamy Layer (NCL)) candidates for the posts reserved for them
- Upto 10 years for PWD (15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC candidates) in identified (*) marked disciplines.
- As per rules for ex‐servicemen
- 5 years for serving Central Civilian Govt. employees working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of the advertised posts. Decision in this regard will rest with DRDO.
How to Apply: Online registration on RAC website (http://rac.gov.in/) is mandatory.
- Candidates are required to submit their applications online alongwith legible and lighter file containing scanned copies of certificates for essential and higher educational qualification alongwith percentage of marks (duly supported by the mark‐sheets), experience claimed if any in the column pertaining to employment history of online application, a recent passport size colour photograph (size not exceeding 30 KB; resolution of 110 x 140 pixels) and the details of required application fees through RAC website. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500 KB and it must be legible when a printout is taken.
- All candidates, whether in Govt. service or in Govt. owned organisations, should also submit their applications online directly to the Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) and such candidates are required to upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available at RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing, that they have applied for the post in DRDO/ADA. However, such candidates, if in regular service whether in permanent or temporary capacity, are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate”(NOC) from their CCA as per the proforma available at RAC website at the time of interview, in addition to the aforesaid declaration. If CCA considers withholding the NOC, the candidate should inform RAC within 30 days of the closing date.
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the online recruitment application (pdf) alongwith acknowledge slip generated after locking of online application form.
- Application completed in all respect will only be considered as locked application and only such applications shall be considered for further processing.
- Certificates/testimonials regarding qualifications alongwith mark‐sheets, caste, ex‐servicemen, employment etc. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500KB and it must be legible when a print out is taken. For that, the applicant may scan the certificates /testimonials in 200dpi grey scale.
- Valid GATE score card (GATE 2015/2016). (Only for Subject/Disciplines in Part I)
- The candidates, whether in Govt. Service or in Govt. owned organisations, should also submit their applications online directly to the Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC). Such candidates are required to upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available at RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing that they have applied for the post in DRDO/ADA.
General/OBC candidates are required to pay a non‐refundable non‐transferable application fees of Rs.100/‐ (Rs. Hundred only) payable online only. However there is no application fees for SC/ST /PWD and women candidates.
- Online submission starts on : 20 March 2016 at 1700 Hrs (IST)
- Online submission closes on : 10 April 2016 at 1700 Hrs (IST)
- Personal interview schedule (Tentative):May 2016 onwards for Subjects/Disciplines in Part I, August 2016 onwards for Subjects/Disciplines in Part II
- Those applications which are not locked by the candidates in accordance with the instructions will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The applicants should ensure their eligibility themselves in respect of age, essential qualifications etc.
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions, desiring of applying for more than one item, must apply separately for each item.
- No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidates will be entertained once the application is locked successfully.
- The OBC (NCL) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a competent authority issued within one year of the closing date.
- The number of vacancies for any subject may vary.
- Detailed guidelines are available on our website.
- Translation ambiguity, if any, can be resolved to the English Version of the advertisement published in the Employment News.
- Any dispute will be subject to the courts/ tribunals having jurisdiction over Delhi only.