Organization Name : INDIAN ARMY DENTAL CORPS
LAST DATE FOR RECIEPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 20 July 2016.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens both male and female, who have passed their final BDS examination & completed compulsory rotatory internship, for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Army Dental Corps.
VACANCIES: A total of 42 (Forty Two) vacancies are available for the grant of SSC to desirous civilian Dental Surgeons.
Eligibility of candidates will be the responsibility of the candidate themselves as per the criteria mentioned in the Information Brochure. He / She should check his /her eligibility before participating in the commissioning process.
The following eligibility criteria shall be applicable
(a) Qualification: Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps is open to candidates possessing requisite qualifications, BDS/MDS from a College/University recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI) for the respective batch/year and who have registered themselves as Registered Dental Practitioners with any State Dental Council. Candidates should have secured a mandatory min of 55%marks in final year BDS* (aggregate of all subjects).
(b) The candidate must be a citizen of India.
(c) Age Limit: Maximum permissible age for SSC will be 45 years as on 31 Dec 2016.
(d) Permanent Dental Registration certificate of State Dental Council/DCI should be valid at least upto 31 Dec 2016.
(e) Candidate must have mandatorily appeared for AIPGDEE-2016 held on 13 Dec 2015
(f) Should be declared medically fit by the Medical Board, in all respects for service in Armed Forces Medical Services.
Note: Only those candidates (BDS/MDS) who have appeared in All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Examination (AIPGDEE)-2016 conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi, under the aegis of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, held on 13 Dec 2015 are eligible to apply.
Candidates with five years of BDS (Not including internship) are requested to attach fourth and fifth year mark sheets.
List of certificates/documents to be submitted (self attested) by the candidates along with downloaded/printed copy of the application form given in notification Appx-‘A’ for Commission in Army Dental Corps- 2016, and originals to be produced at the time of interview for shortlisted candidates:
- 02 (Two) Passport size photographs with the application form and 05 (Five) additional identical passport size photographs at the time of interview in case of shortlisted candidates.
- Matriculation (Class X)/ SSLC/ ICSE certificate/ Birth certificate issued by municipality as valid certificate of proof of age.
- Copy of the AIPGDEE-2016 Registration/Admit card along with roll number.
- AIPGDEE-2016 score card.
- Nationality Certificate/ valid passport/ voter I-Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- Final year BDS Mark Sheets (Part I and Part II)*. Candidates should have secured a min of 55% marks in final BDS.
- BDS and MDS Provisional Pass Certificate/ Degree Certificate.
- Compulsory rotatory Internship completion certificate
- Permanent State Dental Council registration certificate.
- No Objection Certificate from the present employer, if any.
- Notification or any other authority clearly highlighting your name, if there is any change in the name after Matriculation (10th Class)
- Authority under which BDS/MDS Dental College is recognized by DCI.
- Attempt Certificate from the head of the Institute.
- Enclose one self-addressed post card for 'Acknowledgement’ and one self addressed envelope of size 23 cms x10 cms with Rs 40/- postal stamps affixed for speed post (applications without envelope and postal stamps of the specified amount will be rejected).
The candidates shall produce all the original certificates for verification as applicable at the time of Interview. Candidates without Documents in original at the time of Interview will not be eligible even if he / she has got the necessary merit. However in case any candidate has deposited the original with any other institution, it is mandatory to produce a certificate from the Dean / Head of the institution where he is presently admitted/ serving certifying the same.
The candidate may be permitted to attend the interview process with photocopies of
the certificates (attested by the Dean/Head of the Institution) along with the deposit certificate as mentioned above.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND METHODOLOGY
- Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps is strictly governed by Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence regulations and amendments thereof. The Commission and subsequent training is controlled by the Office of the DGAFMS in accordance with prevalent rules.
- Applicants may kindly note that appearance in AIPGDEE-2016/ forwarding of application merely does not confer any automatic rights to grant of SSC in Army Dental Corps. Applicants, who have registered, as per proper application format, only will be considered for SSC in Army Dental Corps subject to fulfilling the requisite, eligibility, medical fitness and such criteria as advertised, as may be prescribed by the GOI letters on the subject.
- All candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Cards and Score Cards of the AIPGDEE-2016 examination for the purpose of verification of documents.
- Candidates should go through this Information Brochure carefully before contacting this office for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues shall only be entertained if the information requested is not given in this brochure or on website www.indianarmy.nic.in.
- All the correspondence should preferably be addressed by e-mail. The e-mail query shall be addressed only if it contains AIPGDEE Roll No. and contact telephone number of the sender. An e-mail containing vague or general queries that are contained in the Information Brochure shall not be entertained. Queries shall not be entertained from person claiming themselves to be representative, associates or officiates of the applicant candidate.
- Candidates are advised to visit the website www.indianarmy.nic.in regularly for information if any and notices pertaining to Short Service Commission in AD Corps. 13. Candidates may kindly note that by registering, the candidate is deemed to have read, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions in the information brochure for SSC in AD Corps for year 2016.
- The list of the candidates who are shortlisted for interview based on the percentage marks secured in AIPGDEE-2016 and have scored mandatory 55% or more marks in Final BDS will be displayed on the website www.indianarmy.nic.in in due course of time, after due approval of the competent authority.
- Candidates producing false or fabricated information in the application will not be considered for short listing for interview. Discrepancies found at a later stage may lead to disqualification.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/
terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/registration of candidates/ conduct of Interview/ information contained herein, the interpretation of the DGAFMS will be final and binding. This Directorate General reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL STANDARD
Medical Examination is a mandatory requirement for all candidates. Every candidate on being qualified, in the interview will have to undergo a Medical Examination by a duly constituted Medical Board of AFMS for ascertaining their medical fitness as per laid down medical standard for commissioning. For reference of the candidates, the medical parameters are available at www.indianarmy.nic.in and same is placed at Appx-B’ in official notification. Only candidates declared medically fit will be eligible for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Army Dental Corps. In the event of a candidate/ candidates being declared medically unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB), the President of the Special Medical Board will intimate the same and the procedure for requesting for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) to the candidate/candidates. Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days from the day of the SMB. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last day given by the SMB. The Candidates are advised to note that this office has no role in Appeal Medical Boards (AMB) and the procedure as advised by the medical authorities is strictly adhered to. Candidates declared UNFIT by the AMB will be intimated by the President, Appeal Medical Board about the procedure to challenge the findings of AMB. Candidates are intimated that the Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merit of case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered Medically Fit only on receipt of approved medical documents.
WHOM TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply as per the attached application format, complete in all respects, along with Application Processing Fee (APF) to:
Director General Armed Forces Medical Services
(DGAFMS/DENTAL-2), Room No 25, L-Block
Ministry of Defence, New Delhi – 110001
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE (APF):
Candidates are required to enclose a non refundable Demand Draft of any Nationalized Bank only for Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) payable at New Delhi in favour of “Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (APF Fund)” along with the application. It is to be ensured that the Demand Draft bears the IFSC code number of the issuing bank and the date of issue should be after the publication of this advertisement. Candidates should write their name and address at the back of the demand draft.
Incomplete application or applications not in accordance with instructions shall not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The Application Processing fee is non refundable.
For more information visit official Notification.Official Notification