Organization Name : Indian Air ForceApplications are invited from enterprising and adventurous Indian Citizens (men and women) as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the following courses commencing in July 2017 for grant of Permanent / Short Service Commission in Meteorology Branch.
COURSES COMMENCING IN JULY 2017
(a) No. 201/17G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men)
(b) No. 201/17G/SSC/M and W (Short Service Commission for men and women)
Receipt of application from 18 June 2016 to 16 July 2016.
Last date for receipt of applications for the candidates who are sending their applications from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram : 23 July 2016.
Meteorology Branch - 201/17G/PC/M, 201/17G/SSC/M and W
(a)Age : 20-26 Years as on 01 July 2017 i.e born in between 02 July 1991 to 01 July 1997.
Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology and Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
(c) Physical Standard
- Height and Weight: Minimum height :- Men - 157.5 Cms, Women - 152 Cms with correlated weight.
- All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.
Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may also apply provided they fulfill the following conditions:
(a) Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Post Graduation in aggregate in all papers put together upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared at the time of applying / AFSB testing.
(b) Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate latest by 15 June 2017.
TYPE OF COMMISSION
Permanent Commission:Candidates joining as Permanent Commission (PC) Officers in Meteorology Branch would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
Short Service Commission:
The initial tenure for Short Service Commission Officers in Meteorology Branch would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
How to Apply
(a) Candidates are to complete the application as per format given in this advertisement, and forward the same to POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI -110106 by ordinary post only.
Note : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defense from holding any type of commission in Defense Services shall not be eligible to apply and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Superscribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR METEOROLOGY BRANCH COURSES
COMMENCING IN JULY2017’. Application must be accompanied with the following:
- One self addressed envelope (size - 23 X 10 cm) with Rs 27/- postage stamp.
- Two unattested recent colour photographs similar to the one pasted on the application form.
Serving Air Warrior candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 11 / 2015 through service channel. Other government employees need to apply through proper channel and are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.
Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of July 2017.
The duration of training for Meteorology Branch is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
IAF OFFERS YOU
Pay and Allowances: Flying Officers will be entitled to Pay in Pay Band of Rs 15,600 - 39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance. In addition, other allowances are applicable based on nature of duty/ place of posting and would include , Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory (Hill area) Allowance, Special Force Allowance, Siachin Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, Hard Area Allowance and Remote Locality Allowance. On successful completion of Training, the newly Commissioned Flying Officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in Meteorology Branch, including Transport Allowance of major cities, of Rs 66,738/-.
Benefits:In addition to the Pay and Allowances, Officers are entitled to Furnished Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual) subject to service exigency, supply of entitled rations, canteen and Officers’ Mess facilities and many more.
Insurance:Rs. 75 Lakh Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers.
TA:Traveling Allowance by the shortest route for AC-III Tier Mail/ Express Trains to and fro for the journey from the place of Call Up or departure (whichever is nearer) is admissible. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket/ bus ticket (hard copy) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPAinstead of marks, the conversion of grades/ CGPAto percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPAinto equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. The onus of proving the conversion from grade/CGPA to percentage of marks would rest with the candidate.
- Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried (term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidate will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- PAN Card is a mandatory requirement to join AFA.
- The candidates must carry a valid photo identity card such as passport, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for SSB Interview at Air Force Selection Board.
- The candidature for the courses commencing in July 2017 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15 June 2017.
- Candidates to check www.careerairforce.nic.in regularly after 15 Sep 16 for call up details. Candidates whose name figure in call up details can report to concerned AFSB with the print out of the same even call up letter is not received through mail from AFSB.
- The terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
- Physical Conditioning: Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training / conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
- Disclaimer: Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of IAF / Govt. of India will be final.
- Statutory Warning: Selection in the Indian Air Force is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of candidature or service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.
For more information visit official Notification.Official Notification