Company Name : JOIN TERRITORIAL ARMY AS AN OFFICER
Applications are invited from gainfully employed young men for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers, based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
Nationality : Only male citizens of India.
Age Limits : 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
Educational Qualifications : Graduate from any recognized university.
Physical Standards : A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
Employment : Gainfully Employed.
Note : Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
DATE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION: 31 July 2016.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION :Application form completed in all respects will be accepted till 30 June 2016 at respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the competent authority.
STANDARD AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION :
|Paper||Subject||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Marks|
|I||Part - 1 Reasoning||2 hrs||50||50|
|Part - 2 Elementary Mathematics||50||50|
|II||Part - 1 General Knowledge||2 hrs||50||50|
|Part - 2 English||50||50|
HOW TO APPLY:
All desirous civilian candidates can obtain Application Form from Employment News or download from www.indianarmy.nic.in (FREE OF COST) and send it along with self addressed envelope (28 x12 cms) with Postal stamp affixed worth Rs. 27/- and two passport size photographs (No other cost for submission) to the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters as per the choice of following examination centres. NO OTHER DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH APPLICATION FORM.
CENTRES OF EXAMINATION :
|WRITTEN EXAMINATION CENTRE||APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO|
|Chandigarh||PIB cell, TA Group Headquarters, Western command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160 009. Ph No. 0172-2547864|
|Lucknow Patna||PIB cell, TA Group Headquarters, Central Command, Lucknow(UP)-2260002 Ph No.0522-2482278.|
|Kolkata Shillong||PIB cell, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William, Kolkata(WB)-700021. Ph No.033-22313227.|
|Jaipur Pune Bangaluru Hyderabad||PIB cell, TA Group Headquarters Southern Command, Pune-411001. Ph No.7768002503, 0202688123|
|Udhampur Srinagar||PIB cell, TA Group Headquarters, North Command, Udhampur(J and K)-182101. Ph No.01992 243592.|
Candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
While filling in Application Form, the candidates should carefully decide about choice for the centre for the examination.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an Admit Card and will be sent by post by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE :
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
Pay Scales (VIth CPC):
|RANK||PAY BANDS/SCALE||GRADE PAY||MILITARY SERVICE PAY|
Candidate who qualify in written test of Preliminary Interview Board are required to bring the following documents in original along with attested copies at the time of Preliminary Interview Board:
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
- Domicile/ Residential proof.
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office alongwith No Objection Certificate by the department as per format given below.
- Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income alongwith photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
- Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- Employees of Railways are required to submit No Objection Certificate authenticated by Railway Board.
For more information visit official Notification.Official Notification