Company Name: Air India
Air India Limited is looking for bright and energetic Indian National young boys and girls to join as Trainee Cabin Crew for its immediate following requirement in Northern Region (Delhi) on a fixed term engagement, for an initial period of five years and to maintain a wait list for future requirements.
DETAILS OF VACANCIES
|Gender||Number of vacancies||Total|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (AS ON 1ST APRIL 2016:
General Candidates: Minimum 18 years and not more than 27 years as on 01.04.2016.
OBC Candidates : Minimum 18 years and not more than 30 years as on 01.04.2016
SC/ST Candidates : Minimum 18 years and not more than 32 years as on 01.04.2016
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
10+2 from a recognized Board/University
Candidates who are three years’ Degree/Diploma Holder in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a Government recognized Institute will be given preference.
Height and BMI:
Female - Minimum 160 cms.
Male - Minimum 172 cms.
BMI should be as per CAR issued by the DGCA (Click here to download).
Formula for calculating BMI= Weight in Kgs/Height in meters X Height in meters
The range of Normal BMI as per CAR issued by DGCA is as follows:
Vision: Near Vision: N/5 in better eye and N/6in worst eye. Distant vision: 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another eye. Spectacles are not allowed. Contact lenses up to +2D permitted.
Colour Vision (Colour Blindness): Normal on Ishihara/Tokyo Medical College Chart.
LANGUAGE: Fluency in English and Hindi.
Candidates having fluency in any Foreign Language of destination where Air India operates will be given preference.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, who fulfill the above requirements, may apply ONLINE (ONLY).
Candidates, who wish to apply, are advised to log on to Career Page of our Website: www.airindia.in and fill in the Online Application Format.
Before applying ONLINE, please ensure that you are ready with the following documents /information:
- A valid e-mail ID
- A DIGITAL/SCANNED Passport-size Photograph (Size 10 KB to 35 KB ONLY) in JPG/JPEG format.
- A Medical Certificate from a MBBS Doctor stating therein Height in Centimeters (cms), Weight in Kilograms (Kgs) and Body Mass Index (BMI) and Colour Vision (Colour Blindness). The details with regard to Physical Standards, Doctor’s name and Registration Number of the Doctor will be required while filling the Online Application Form. Candidates will be required to bring the said Medical Certificate in original at the time of appearing for GD and PAT. A Format of Medical Certificate is also available on thisWebsite for facilitation of the candidates
- Candidates, using contact lenses will b e required to bring a Certificate from an Ophthalmologist indicating therein the power of lenses as the same will be required while filling the Online Application Form. Candidates, who have undergone lasik surgery for
correction of eyesight, will be required to bring a Certificate from an Ophthalmologist/supporting documents indicating therein the date on which, they have undergone for lasik surgery as the same will be required while filling the Online Application Form. Such candidates will be required to bring the said Medical Certificate/s in original at the time of appearing for GD and PAT.
- A non-refundable Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in favour of AIR INDIA LIMITED, payable at Delhi.
- Candidates would be required to submit the said Demand Draft at the time of GD and PAT (Not applicable for SC/ST candidates).
Note:All correspondence would be made ONLINE with the candidates. Eligible candidates would be required to bring photocopies of testimonials in support of their date of birth, qualification, experience, Caste and Medical Certificate (s) along with originals. Candidates would also be required to bring Demand Draft (if applicable) and domicile proof (if claiming relaxation in height) at the time of appearing for GD and PAT.
Candidates, who fulfill the above eligibility criteria and are employed in Government/Semi Government/Public Sector Undertakings, may also apply Online. Such candidates will be required to bring a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of appearing for GD and PAT.
Start Date for submission of Online Application : 29th April 2016
Last Date for submission of Online Application : 23rd May 2016
Candidates will be required to refer to Career page of our Website: www.airindia.in for latest Updates on selection process.
- Eligible Female candidates will be required to appear for GD and PAT in “SAREE” and male candidates in formal attire.
- Online Application Forms of the candidate would be scrutinized and prima facie eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for further process. Please also note that the candidature is purely provisional and the candidates being allowed to appear for process, does not inany way establish their eligibility for the post. If on screening of their applications/document (s), it is found that they do not possess the laid down qualification /experience/stipulated eligibility criteria (including physical standards), their candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage, without entering in to any correspondence with the candidates in the matter.
- Eligible candidates would be required to bring photocopies of testimonials in support of their date of birth, qualification, experience, Caste, Medical Certificate/s, Demand Draft and also
domicile proof (if claiming relaxation in height) along with ORIGINALS at the time of appearing for GD and PAT.
- At the time of GD and PAT, candidates will be required to bring two POST-CARD size FULL LENGTH photographs (One-Front View and another-Side View). The dress code prescribed for these photographs is SAREE for Female candidates and formal attire for Male candidates.
- Training: Selected candidates will be imparted training at Hyderabad/Mumbai or at any other place decided by the Company and will be required to obtain necessary DGCA approval on Air India’s fleet as decided by the Management from time to time.
- Bank Guarantee and Security Deposit: Before joining training, candidates will be required to submit a Bank Guarantee from a Nationalized Bank in favour of Air India Limited for an
amount of Rs.1,05,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Five Thousand Only) for a period of 05 years. In addition, candidates will also be required to deposit an amount of Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) in Cash/Demand Draft as Security Deposit towards Uniform/Training Material etc. for a period of 05 years. In the case, the candidate leaves the Company or his/her services are terminated for any reason, the Bank Guarantee shall be invoked and the Security Deposit will be forfeited by Air India Limited. In case of completion of 05 years Fixed Term Contract successfully, the said Bank Guarantee will be released by Air India Limited and the amount of Security Deposit will be refunded to the candidates. No interest will however, be payable on the Security Deposit.
- Period of Fixed Term Engagement: Candidates will be engaged on a Fixed Term Contract initially for a period of five years, which is extendable subject to performance of the candidate
and the Company’s requirement.
- Emoluments: During the period of training, the candidates will be given a stipend of Rs.15,000/- per month. After successful completion of the training, candidates may initially draw Rs.35,075/- per month (Under revision). The above salary includes Fixed pay of Rs.16,675/- and Rs.18,400/- as Flying Allowance for 70 hours of flying in a month.
- In addition to above, candidates will also be eligible for Standby Allowance of Rs.300/- per Standby Duty at the Airport.
- Candidates will also be eligible for payment of Layover Allowance @ USD 45 per day for International Flights where Night Stay is involved, as per rules.
- In case of flying for more/less than 70 hours in a month, the above Flying Allowance will be increased/decreased, as the case may be.
For more information visit official website. Official Notification