Company Name: INDIAN NAVY
Applications are invited from unmarried male candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Pilot/NAIC and unmarried male and female candidates for Short Service Commission in Observer entry of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2017 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala.
|Age||Age for Pilot/Observer: |
General Candidates: 19 to 24 years, born between 02 Jan 1993 and 01 Jan 1998; both dates inclusive..
CPL Holders: 19 to 25 years, born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jan 1998; both dates inclusive. (Applicable for Pilot entry only).
Note:Applicants who have FAILED in PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) earlier are not eligible for Pilot Entry, but can apply for the Observer Entry scheme.
(b) Age for NAIC: 19 ½ - 25 years, born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jul 1998; both dates inclusive.
|Education Qualification||For Pilot and Observer: BE/ B.Tech in any discipline with Physics and Maths at 12th Standard. Minimum percentage in BE/B.Tech for Pilot entry is 60% and for Observer entry is 55%.CPL holder must have valid and current CPL issued by DGCA (India). |
For NAIC: BE/ B.Tech with 60% in any one of the streams i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Production, Instrumentation, IT, Chemical Metallurgy and Aerospace Engineering.
(i) Candidates who have not completed their degree (i.e. appearing
candidates) need not apply.
(ii) Only one application is to be filled
(iii) Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre should mention priority in their application form.
|Sports and Adventure||The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.|
The gender requirement is as follows:
|(b)||Observer||Male and Female|
Height and Weight
|(a)||Pilot and Observer||Distant Vision 6/6, 6/9 Correctable to 6/6, 6/6 Should not be colour blind/night blind.||Male – 162.5 cms |
Female – 152 cms
With correlated weight, leg
length, sitting height and
|(b)||NAIC||Distant Vision 6/60, 6/60 Correctable to 6/6, 6/12 Should not be colour blind/night blind.||Male – 157 cms With correlated weight, as per age and height.|
Pay Scale and Promotions:
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows:
Allowances (as applicable): The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:
To whom granted
Rate Per Month (in Rs.)
|Flying||Qualified Pilot/Observer||13500 - 21000/pm|
|Instructional||All officers posted as instructor||2700/pm|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 (Initial grant) and 7500 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard |
Area as declared by Govt
|25% of BP+GP+MSP|
|House Rent||To Officers not providedvGovt. Accommodation||10-30% of (BP+GP+MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||11600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
|Marcos||Qualified as Marcos||13500 – 21000/pm|
Cost to Company (CTC): TThe CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 87,600/- per month for Pilot & Observer and Rs 74000/- for NAIC. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Flying Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
Privileges: In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self and dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Group Insurance and Gratuity: Insurance cover of Rs. 57 lakhs for pilot and observer and Rs 50 lakhs for NAIC (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Leave Entitlements: On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. They are entitled to encashment of leave up to 300 days. Leave during training period will be as per the extant policy in force.
How to Apply:
Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application' (Online) for this entry. The candidates are to apply online (e-application) from 09 Apr 16. The online application registration will cease on 29 Apr 16. The procedure for applying online is explained below:
IMPORTANT: Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application.
Online (e-application):: Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:
(a) Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
(b) Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
Filling up of e-application:: For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows:
- Click on Apply Online Officer on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you is correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instructions for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number.
- Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest the same.
- One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 02, Sarojini Nagar PO, New Delhi - 110 023 along with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Self attested photo copies of 10th and 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years.In case CGPA, candidate is required to attach certificate issued by the university for conversion of CGPA in to percentage. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post/courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope: ONLINE APPLICATION NO. ___ APPLICATION for Pilot/Observer/NAIC JAN 2017 COURSE Qualification____ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stapled; IHQ MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
For more information visit official website. Official Notification