Company Name: INDIAN NAVY
Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (sports) in Indian Navy for the course commencing Jan 2017 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidate to fulfill condition of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India.
|Age||(a) For all sports except Yachting and Wind Surfing–22 to 27 years (born between |
02 Jan 1990 and 01 Jan 1995).
(b) For Yachting and Wind Surfing-21-25 years (Born between 02 Jan 1992 and
01 Jan 1996).
|Education Qualification||Regular Post Graduate Degree or BE/B. Tech in any field from a recognised |
university. Candidates with diploma in Sports Coaching from National Institute
of Sports and Msc in Sports (Coaching) will be given priority during short listing
|Sports Qualifications||(a) All sports other then Yachting and Wind Surfing: A candidate should have participated in Senior Level National Championships/Games in following disciplines:- |
/Cricket/ /Diving/Water Polo/Kabaddi/Boxing.
(b)Yachting/Wind Surfing: A candidate must have at least one of the following qualifications:
(i) Should have participated in a Senior National Championship conducted by YAI and secured a minimum of 5th position in Olympic classes.
(ii) Should have represented India at the Asian Games or ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships and secured a medal in Youth/Olympic Classes.
(iii) Should have attained a position amongst the top 50% of the fleet in a class of boat/windsurf completed at the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship.
|Physical Standards||Height and weight: Minimum height-157 cm, with correlated weight |
Eye sight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Candidates should not be colour/ night blind.
Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this
regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in.
There will be no relaxation in the physical standard
Pay Scale and Promotions:
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows:-
Allowances (as applicable): The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:
To whom granted
Rate Per Month (in Rs.)
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||2700/pm|
|Diving||Ships Diver||1200 pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships||6300-7800/pm on basis of Rank (Sailing Only|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 (Initial grant) &7500 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt||25% of (BP+GP+MSP)|
|House Rent||Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30% of (BP+GP+MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
Sports and Adventure: The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
Physical Fitness: In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
Cost to Company (CTC): The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 74,100/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowances, Transport Allowance, Ration Allowance and kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change.
Privileges: In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for Self and dependents/Canteen Facilities, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, and Car/Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
Group Insurance and Gratuity: Insurance cover of Rs 50 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity as per the latest rules in force.
Leave Entitlements: On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
How to Apply:
Filling up of e-application: For filling up application On-line, visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows:
- Click on 'Apply On-line Officer Entry' on the Home Page.
- Fill the on-line registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you is correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instructions for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number.
- Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest the same.
- One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, R K Puram Main PO, New Delhi - 110 066 along with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Self attested photo copies of 10th and 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years. In case CGPA, candidate is required to attach certificate issued by the University for Conversion of CGPA in to percentage. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post/courier and Registered post will not be accepted. Applications received after the last date indicated will not be considered.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope: ONLINE APPLICATION NO. _______ APPLICATION for SSC (Sports) Jan 2017 COURSE Qualification______ Percentage_____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/ stapled; IHQ MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
For more information visit official website. Official Notification