Company Name: Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
ADVERTISEMENT No.: 05/2016
IGCAR invites applications from willing and eligible candidates to apply ON-LINE through our website www.igcar.gov.in for the following post.
|Post Name||Scientific Officer/D|
|Number of posts||One |
|Qualification||(i) PhD in Chemistry from a recognized university with specialization in computational chemistry; Applicant should have specialization in physical chemistry in Master Degree and should have studied Mathematics as ancillary subject in Bachelor Degree. |
(ii) Minimum of four years Post-doctoral experience from International lab/National Lab/University in the field specified above with peer reviewed publications. Research experience in electronic structure calculations and density functional theory methods.
Desirable Experience: Electronic structure calculation for actinides / transition
|Age Limit||Not more than 40 years as on the closing date for receipt of on-line application.|
|EMOLUMENTS||Pay of `25350 in the Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 + Grade Pay `6600. In addition they will be eligible for allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules.|
General Conditions for the Information of Applicants
- Only SC/ST candidates from out-station are eligible for reimbursement of to & fro Sleeper Class rail fare by shortest route on production of rail/bus tickets provided they are not working under any Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Corporations/Local Govt./Panchayats etc.
- Candidates selected against this advertisement is likely to be posted at IGCAR, Kalpakkam but are liable to serve in any part of India and in any of the constituent unit of the Department of Atomic Energy.
- The filling up of vacancy indicated in the advertisement is subject to the approval of the Competent Authority and may not be filled up if decided otherwise in terms of the orders issued by Government from time to time.
- The nature of duties to be performed by the above post involves working in round-the-clock shift duties, in operational plants and areas.
- Person who is appointed against the above post, will be covered under the National Pension System as notified by the Government of India.
- Any subsequent amendment/modification will be notified through our website which may be referred to by the candidates regularly.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility conditions mentioned in advertisement. Candidates should ensure that they fill in the correct information. The candidate would be admitted to various stages of the recruitment process based on the information furnished by the candidate in his/her application. Only a summary scrutiny of the application would be made before the final stage of the
recruitment process and detailed scrutiny of the eligibility of the candidate would be done only at the final stage of the recruitment process. As such, the candidature of the applicant shall remain provisional till detailed scrutiny is undertaken and the candidate is found eligible in all respect. IGCAR would be at liberty to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found ineligible for the post
or if it comes to notice that the candidate has furnished false information. The mere fact that a call letter has been issued to the candidate and allowed to appear in an Interview will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application have been accepted as true
- Method of Selection: The recruitment shall comprise of Interview only.
- Candidates should apply only through online in our website www.igcar.gov.in under the tab "Recruitment". The relevant link for submitting the application through online will be made available from 21-03-2016 at 10:30 AM and will be closed on 15-04-2016 at 05:00 PM.
- Applications will be accepted on-line only. Before filling application on-line, candidates should keep ready the necessary documents / certificates required. Candidates should also keep ready their passport size photograph in JPEG format with size not exceeding 50 KB and their signature in JPEG format with size not exceeding 20 KB. On-line application form should be filled with all the relevant details. Photograph and signature should be uploaded in the application form.
- A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and email ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. IGCAR will send call letters for Interview to the registered / given e-mail ID only. No correspondence will be sent through post/courier.
- All the particulars mentioned in the on-line application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied, Community, Educational qualification, Date of birth, Address, e-mail ID, etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the final submission of the application. Candidates are requested to fill in the on-line application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- After submitting application on-line the candidate should send the printout of the application generated by the system with the following supporting documents in support of the claims made in on-line application to the address given below:
- Enclose one passport size photograph duly signed.
- Self-attested xerox copy for proof for Date of birth (Only SSC/Matriculation/HSC certificate, birth certificate will be accepted as proof of date of birth)
- Self-attested xerox copy of certificates in support of Educational qualification and technical qualification.
- Self-attested xerox copy of Community Certificate issued by authorized authority in the prescribed format (for SC/ST/OBC format is available on the IGCAR website itself and for OBC community included in the Central list of OBC)
- Self-attested xerox copy of Disability Certificate issued by appropriate authority.
- Self-attested xerox copy of Discharge Certificate from Armed Forces in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- Self-attested xerox copy of experience certificate in the relevant field.
- Assistant Administrative Officer (R),
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
Kalpakkam – 603 102.
Candidates should also produce the original certificates for verification at the time of Interview.
Persons working under the Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings should submit “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” at the time of Interview.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION ONLINE: 15TH APRIL 2016 AT 1700 HOURS (IST)