Company Name: SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY RPF/RPSF
Employment Notice No: 01/2016Applications are invited from eligible Women Candidates for filling up the posts of Constable in Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force.
- Application from candidates will be accepted through ONLINE MODE only except for the State of J&K, North-Eastern States, Border Guarding Districts (remote areas) and Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected districts of the country where the candidates will have the choice to apply in Online or Offline mode. Candidature of candidates applying through both the modes is liable for rejection summarily.
- An OMR sheet based written examination will be conducted for all those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny.
|Name of Post||Category wise Vacancies||Total Vacancies|
Out of 1827 (RPF posts), 904 posts meant for 08 Mahila companies located in 09 Railways (i.e. one company each for CR, WR, ER, SER, NR, SR, SCR and half company each for NWR and SWR), rest of the posts are meant for all Indian Railways of Railway Protection Force. Each candidate may send only one application whether through ONLINE or OFFLINE in which she must clearly exercise the option for recruitment either to RPF/RPSF.
- 10% of vacancies are reserved for Ex-service women and it does not include retired/discharged personnel of Central Armed Police Forces. Age may be relaxed beyond upper limit by 3 years for UR, 6 years for OBC and 8 years for SC/ST after deduction of military service rendered (minimum of 6 months after attestation) from actual age as on the date of reckoning. In case sufficient eligible candidates are not found in ExService women category for appointment, then the unfilled vacancies will be filled up from candidates of respective category on the basis of merit.
- Vacancies are provisional and may increase or decrease or even become nil depending upon the requirement of the Railway Administration. The administration also reserves the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment as well as the notified vacancies at its discretion at any time and such decision will be binding on all concerned.
- These posts have not been identified as suitable for persons with disabilities and hence the same has been exempted from the purview of section 33 and 47 of the persons with Disabilities [Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation] act, 1995 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The selected candidates will be liable to serve anywhere in India in Railway Protection Force or Railway Protection Special Force. Those who apply for RPF may be allotted to any Zonal Railway, on the basis of available vacancies, their merit and their preference.
Pay Band of `.5200-20200 + Grade Pay `.2,000/- plus usual allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees from time to time.
3. IN ELIGIBILITY :
No person who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or who, having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for appointment in RPF / RPSF.
- Citizenship : Must be a citizen of India
- Educational Qualification: Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / University. Educational certificate other than State Board/Central Board should be accompanied with Government of India notification declaring that such qualifications is equivalent to Matriculation/10th pass for services under Central Government. Candidates must possess the requisite qualification before the last date of submission of application
- Age: The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 01.07.2016. The Candidate must be born between 02.07.1991 and 01.07.1998 (both dates inclusive). Date of Birth mentioned in the Matriculation/High School Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of application will only be accepted.
- Relaxation in Age :
Category Age relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit SC/ST 05 years OBC 03 years Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (Unreserved) UR-05years
Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but not remarried UR-02years
- Physical Measurement :An applicant must have the following physical standards :
Category Height - [cms] UR / OBC 157 SC / ST 152 For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras,
Kumaonese and other categories specified by Govt.**
5.METHOD OF RECRUITMENT :
Recruitment will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, document verification and awarding of bonus marks on the basis of NCC/sports certificates and Height.
- WRITTEN TEST
- Written examination will be conducted for those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny. The written examination will be on OMR based Answer Sheets which will comprise of 120 multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. The test will be of 90 minutes duration. The question paper shall be of matriculation standard. The question paper will consist of 50 questions on General Awareness, 35 questions on Arithmetic and 35 questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning. Candidates will be required to answer all questions and will be awarded 01 [one] mark for each correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No mark will be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- For the convenience to conduct the examination in different Indian languages, specific centres will be earmarked for the examination in specific languages other than Hindi, English and Urdu (in which examination papers will be available at all centres). Candidates who opt for a particular language will be allocated a Centre in one of the States mentioned against that language in the table given below :
- Option will be asked from candidates regarding their preferred group. Once the candidate has selected a particular group, she has to give option of one of the languages available in that group. If the option of language given by her is not available in the option of group given by her, her group will be changed according to the language option given by her
- Question paper will be set in Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi. Applicants who wish to write the exam in a particular language may indicate so in the ONLINE / OFFLINE application form. Language, once chosen cannot be changed under any circumstances
- Keeping in mind the provision for negative marking in the written examination, it will be necessary to obtain 35% marks (30% marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the written test.
- The e-admit cards for written test will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online mode from offical website. In regard to the candidates who applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelops submitted by the candidates along with the application form.
- PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST [PET] AND PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT TEST [PMT]
- Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the number of vacancies in each category. The e-admit cards for PET & PMT will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online from offical website. In regard to the candidates who applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelops submitted by the candidates along with the application form. The candidates shall be allowed to appear in the PET/PMT on production of original call letters only.
- The PET will consist of three events mentioned in the table below. A candidate has to qualify in all the events to be declared qualified in PET. All the events are compulsory to qualify. However, no marks will be awarded for any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is specified as under.
- 800 meters run will be held first and only those candidates who qualify in this event will further take part in the remaining events of the PET. The candidates who qualify in PET will be measured for eligibility with respect to height. Candidates, who fail in any of the events of the PET or in PMT, will be declared “failed”.
- DOCUMENT VERIFICATION :
- Candidates who qualify in the PET and PMT will be called for Document verification. The candidates not exceeding 1.5 times the number of notified vacancies in that category will be called for Document Verification. The e-admit cards for Document verification will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online should download from offical website. In regard to the candidates applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post and the candidates shall be allowed to appear in the document verification on production of original call letter only.
- The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, SC/ST/OBC status wherever applicable domicile certificate and any other document related to extra curricular activities [including NCC] at the time of Document Verification. Request for production of the original documents on a later day will not be entertained under any circumstances except in cases where the caste certificate has been produced in a format other than prescribed or where any certificate is claimed to have been lost/stolen (claim supported by FIR), in which case the candidate will be allowed a time extension of four (4) weeks. Failure to produce the documents shall lead to disqualification of the candidate. The appearance of the candidate for document verification will be compulsory. Those who do not appear at the document verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in the written examination and PE
- Benefit will be given only on production of Original Certificates supporting their claim.
- Bonus marks will be awarded separately for each discipline / sports. If a candidate produces more than one certificate in one discipline / sport, then participation at the highest level will only be considered. Maximum bonus for Games and Sports certificate will not exceed 03 marks.
- Candidate whose height is 165 cms. or above will be awarded 03 bonus marks.
- Total bonus marks for all the above put together will not exceed 05 marks.
|Group||States & Union Territories where centres may be located||Language options offered|
|1||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, A&N Islands, Lakshadweep, Puducherry||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada|
|2||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|3||Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland||Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri|
|4||Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi|
|Event||Female||Number of chances|
|800 meters||03 min 40 sec||One|
|Long Jump||12 feet||Two|
|High Jump||03 feet||Two|
Note: Ex-service women will be exempted from PET.
|NCC:||Bonus marks||GAMES & SPORTS:||Bonus marks|
|Candidate with Certificate - B||01 Mark||Represented University at inter-university sports||01 Mark|
|Candidate with Certificate - C||02 Mark||Represented State at inter-state sports.||02 Marks|
|Maximum bonus marks for NCC certificate will not exceed||02 marks||Represented India at an International sports meet||03 Marks|
|This benefit is not available to Ex-Servicewomen.||Medal winner at National Level Sports Meet||03 Marks|
The candidates who appear in Document Verification will be sent for a medical examination at the Railway Hospitals. They have to qualify in medical category 'B-1' as prescribed in Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock-knee, squint eyes, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment. Sending for Medical Examination will not guarantee employment and does not reflect that the candidate has been included in the select list.
The candidates will have to undergo an initial training in any one of the RPF/RPSF training centre or any other such institution as decided by the Railway Administration in the event of their selection. The trainee recruits will be given a stipend of ` 5,200/- + Grade Pay ` 2,000/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Railway Rules during the period of Training. Passing the Final Examination at the end of the training is compulsory.
Examination Fee: No examination fee is required.
HOW TO APPLY :
Procedure for online submission of applications:
- Candidates can apply only through ONLINE application mode by visiting either of the two websites http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in or http://www.rpfonlinereg.in Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions available on the website and in this notification. The onus is on the candidate to prove that all the information provided / submitted by her in the application is true.
- Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details / BIO-DATA etc. carefully.
- Options once exercised in the ONLINE application shall be final and no request for change shall be entertained. Therefore, candidates are advised to be careful in exercise of option for applied post.
- Candidates should ensure that their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth should exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Any deviation found during Document Verification will lead to cancellation of candidature and also to debarment. In case any candidate has formally changed her name, then gazette notification or any other legal document, as applicable should be submitted at the time of Document Verification. Such candidates should indicate their changed name. However other details should match with the matriculation certificate.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the ONLINE application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process as important messages will be sent by email and on mobile which will be deemed to have been read by the candidates.
- Candidates are required follow the following steps for filling up the online application and uploading of the documents.
- Visit either of the two websites http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in or http://www.rpfonlinereg.in
- Click on the “ONLINE / E-Application” Link
- Click on the “New Registration” Link.
- Fill in the basic details viz. Name, Father’s / Husband’s Name, Mother’s name, Date of Birth, e-mail Address and Mobile number etc. Full name of Mother should be filled up. Name of candidate and father’s name as shown in the matriculation certificate should be filled up.
- Fill up other details such as educational qualification, whether Ex-Service women, seeking age relaxation, present and permanent postal address along with district, state, pin code, group option, language option, whether belonging to regions like Garhwal, Komaon, etc. for seeking relaxation in height, nearest railway station etc.
- Follow the instructions and complete the registration process step-by-step for getting a Registration Number & Password.
- Download the blank “Template” by clicking on the link “Download Template”. This “Template” has the space for affixing left and right thumb impressions and the declaration.
- Login with Registration Number and Password.
- Upload your colour photograph (of size 4.5 cms x 3.5 cms), JPG format, 100 dpi, size of JPG file shall be maximum 50 kb.
- Upload your scanned signature, JPG format, 100 dpi, size of JPG file maximum 30kb.
- Copy the declaration given in your own running handwriting (not in capital/spaced out letters), with blue or black ball point pen (not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen), to the extent possible, in the spaces provided on the downloaded link “Template”. Affix left and right hand thumb impressions by using fingerprint ink (not ink of ink pad). The thumb impressions shall be clear and without smudging
- Scan the duly filled “Template” in colour .JPG format, 100 DPI.
- Upload the scanned file “Template”
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST shall have to upload scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates also. Scan the certificate in the .JPG format. Size of the file should be between 50 kb and 100 kb.
- OBC candidates shall upload the OBC self-declaration. Scan the declaration in the .JPG format. Size of the file should be between 50 kb and 100 kb.
- All the candidates shall upload the scanned copy of Matriculation Certificate. Scan the certificate in the .JPG format. Size of the file should be between 50 kb and 100 kb.
- Submit the application. Take a print out of the acknowledgement for records.
Last date of receipt of off line application shall be 01.03.2016.
Any application received after 01.03.2016 will be treated as time barred and summarily rejected. However, for candidates living in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, the last date of receipt of application shall be 07.03.2016.
For More Information please visit the below Links..