Company Name: PUNJAB & SIND BANKRECRUITMENT OF CHIEF ECONOMIST IN SENIOR MANAGEMENT GRADE SCALE –IV (CHIEF MANAGER)
Punjab & Sind Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank, invites applications from Indian Citizens for one post of Chief Economist in Senior Management Grade Scale –IV (CM) under Specialist category as under:
1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
A. Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st Jan. 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/interview but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him / her by the Government of India.
B. Age, Educational Qualifications & Post Qualification Experience (as on 01.10.2015)
|S.No||Name of the Post||Number of Posts||Age||Qualifications||Post Qualification Experience|
|1.||Chief Manager -Chief Economist (SMG Scale –IV)||01||Not below 35 years and not above 45 years as on 1st October 2015||Ph.D in Economics/ International Finance/Business Economics with specialization in monetary/financial economics or econometrics from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute.||Minimum 7 years as Economic Researcher in any University or Work Experience in Economic Research Division of a Commercial Bank/Financial Institution/Corporate Organizations like CRISIL, CIBIL, ICRA etc.|
- Educational Qualifications:&nbps;Educational Qualifications prescribed for the post are the minimum. Candidates must possess these qualifications and must attach proof thereof, i.e., attested photocopies of the Passing Certificates or Provisional Passing Certificate & Mark sheet from the educational institution they have studied along with the Application Form.
- Post Qualification Experience: In the notified post, Post Qualification Work Experience is essential; it should be full time, relevant to the post applied for and should be post-qualification. The Experience Certificate must clearly indicate the type of work undertaken in the relevant area.
The Chief Economist will be responsible for providing strategic inputs to the top management of the Bank.
- He/ She will also be required to analyze and evaluate economic and financial indicators of national and international level and assess their impact on various markets and asset classes
- He/ She may also work on costs incurred by the bank on specific line of activities and the returns expected from such activities.
- Any other roles & responsibilities assigned as per policies of the Bank from time to time.
The candidate shall be appointed on regular basis in Senior Management Grade Scale –IV and the Scale of Pay is Rs. 50030 -1460/4 – 55870 – 1650/2 – 59170. DA, HRA, CCA will be paid as per rules in force from time to time and depending upon the place of posting. Medical, LTC, Terminal Benefits and other perquisites will be as per prevailing rules.
4. PROBATION PERIOD
The selected candidate shall be on probation of one year, which can be extended by further period not exceeding one year, depending upon the performance of the candidate.
5. SELECTION PROCEDURE
The applications will be screened/scrutinized and ranked by a Committee. After scrutiny of theapplications received, only eligible candidates will be called for Interview. The short-listing and call for interview will be on the basis of the details provided by the candidates in the application & documents forwarded along with the application. The Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process, if he / she is found to be ineligible and / or furnished incorrect or false information / certificates / documents or has suppressed any material facts and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited.
The interview venue, time & date for Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the Interview call letter and candidates have to attend the same at their own cost. The call letter will be sent by email only. The details of shortlisted candidates for Interview or any other process will be hosted in our website. The interviews will be conducted at Head Office of the Bank at New Delhi.Hence, candidates are requested to check their email and Bank’s website regularly, to keep track of the process.
The Interview process will carry an aggregate of 100 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the interview will be 40 marks. Final selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Interview process and will be according to the merit ranking.
Application fee is Rs.500/-
- The Application fee which is non-refundable, payable by way of Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalised/ Scheduled Bank drawn in favour of “Punjab & Sind Bank, Chief Economist Recruitment Project 2014-15” payable at New Delhi. Candidates should write their name & address on the reverse of the Demand Draft
- Cash, Cheques, Money Orders, Postal Stamps etc. will NOT BE ACCEPTED
- A candidate can send one application only. Submission of more than one application by any candidate will render him/her ineligible and in such case all the applications submitted by the said candidate will be rejected and application fees will be forfeited
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the Fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. Candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement before applying
7. HOW TO APPLY
- The Application Form should be downloaded from the Bank’s website www.psbindia.com and filled in by the candidates
- A recent passport size coloured photograph of the candidate should be pasted at right hand top corner at the space provided in the application and signed across
- It should also be accompanied by Demand Draft / Pay Order /Banker’s cheque (candidate’s name and address should be written on the reverse of Demand Draft / Pay Order / Banker’s Cheque) and attested photocopies of prescribed Educational Qualifications and Experience Certificate(s) specifying NATURE & PERIOD of experience, originals of which should be produced at the time of interview
- It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she has met with the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as the application form. Candidates are therefore urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard. Eligible candidates have to submit their applications through speed post only. Last date of receipt of application is 22nd February 2016. No application shall be entertained beyond the stipulated date & incomplete applications will be rejected. The Bank will not be responsible for any delay in receipt of application or loss thereof in postal transit
- Address the application, superscribing “Application for the post of Chief Economist in Scale IV” to General Manager(HRD) at the following address : - General Manager –HRD
- The complete Application Form SHOULD REACH the above mentioned address ON OR BEFORE 22.02.2016. Applications to be sent BY SPEED POST only.
Punjab & Sind Bank
21- Rajendra Place
New Delhi -110008