Company Name: INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCHApplications are invited up to 21.03.2016 to fill up Scientist ‘D’ post at National Institute of Virology, Pune and its units at different parts of the Country :-
Name of Post
No. of posts
02 (Two Posts)
PB-3 Rs.15600-39100+GP 7600
1.MBBS/M.V.Sc. degree recognized by MCI/VCI. OR
Post 1: Job Requirements: BSL 4 Lab
This position requires scientist for the maximum containment BSL 4 laboratory. The work profile includes routine operational maintenance of the various aspects of the laboratory
functionality, logistic planning and core laboratory work and supervision of diagnostic and experimental work. The candidate should have proven expertise in core virology research areas like tissue culture, virus isolation/characterization, familiarity with modern
molecular tools/techniques. Previous proven experience in these skill areas working in a BSL3/4 laboratory with peer reviewed publications will be a highly desirable qualification for this post.
Post 2: Job Requirements: Immunodiagnostics
This position requires a scientist for leading basic Immunology programmes. The work profile includes independent capability to plan and design various diagnostic tests and
formulate, execute and implement projects in immunology of viruses of public health importance. The candidate should have a strong background in immunology with proven skills as evident by quality research publishes in peer reviewed journals of good standing.
Age Limit (on the closing date of the application) :
Below 45 years for the post of Scientist-D. Relaxable up to 5 years for Government servants and SC/ST and 3 years for OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard. However, the prescribed age may be further relaxed in exceptional cases for experienced and qualified candidates.
One time age relaxation is allowed to Scientific and Technical staff working in long term projects in ICMR Institutes/Centres for posts advertised under HRSC, 2007 provided they meet essential qualifications and experience for the post with a view to provide them an opportunity to compete with other candidates as per Council‟s letter No.6/1/2007-Admn.II dated 28.3.2011.
General Relaxation Clause:
Age, qualification and experience will be relaxable in deserving cases as mentioned in the Recruitment Rules of Health Research Scientists Cadre of ICMR, 2007 under Rule 14 and
Note 1 & 2 of Schedule-III.
Other Service Conditions:
- Pay Band-3 Rs.15,600-39100+Rs.7600 (Grade Pay) for the post of Scientist-D
- Allowances as per Central Government Rules are admissible on the above pay scale.
- Benefits of new restructured defined contributory pension system are admissible as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECD & PR Division) Notification No.05/07/2003-ECD & PR dated 22.12.2003 effect from 1.1.2004
- Private practice is not allowed, however, non-practicing allowance is admissible to medical / veterinary graduates only as per rules
- Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/Public Sector Undertakings and Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel. Advance copies of application will be considered subject to the condition that a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer is produced at the time of personal discussion. Application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Application form, Detailed instructions and payment challan can be downloaded from NIV website : www.niv.co.in and ICMR website : www.icmr.nic.in
- Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant along with copies of relevant enclosures should be sent to the Director, National Institute of Virology, 20-A, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Post Box No. 11, Pune – 411 001 on or before the closing date
- Candidates (other than exempted) may pay the application fee of Rs.100 with bank commission of Rs.50 (total Rs.150) at any of the SBI branches and the payment challan details must be entered at the appropriate column of application. SC/ST, Physically Handicapped candidates and women candidates are exempted from the payment. Fees
is payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees. Indian Scientists working abroad are exempted from application fee
- Documents to be enclosed with the application form (copies attested by Gazetted Officer)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Educational qualification
- Payment challan copy (NIV copy)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PH certificate (if applicable).
- Provide details of extramural projects handled as Principal Investigator & Co-Principal
- List of Publications in Index Journals with Impact Factor for each publication as
available under Journal Citation Report (JCR)/Internet.
- List of Publication in non-Indexed Journal may also be provided.
- Unsigned / Incomplete application in respect of the above points or application without
supportive evidence asked for or applications without payment challan copy and
applications received after the prescribed closing date are liable to be summarily
1) If no suitable candidate is found for Scientist „D‟, the post can be filled up at lower
level i.e. Scientist „C‟.
2) Since it is not possible to call all the eligible candidates for the interview/personal
discussion, the applicants will be short-listed for this purpose. The decision of the
Director General, ICMR will be final in this regard.
3) Candidates called for interview will be paid a 1st class rail fare for post of Scientist-D
by the shortest route on production of documents.
4) Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside
influence with regard to selection/recruitment shall be disqualification.
5) The post is with all India transfer liability under the Council.
For activities of the above mentioned Institute please refer to NIV’s
website at www.niv.co.in.
For any clarification, please contact NIV, Pune. Ph. No. 020-26006290
For more Information Visit Official Notification.