Company Name : AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
Advt.No. : 07/2015
Company Profile :
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) (Hindi: भारतीय विमानपत्तन प्राधिकरण; Bhãratiya Vimãnpatan Prãdhikarañ) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India. It provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas. It also manages a total of 132 Airports, including 24 International Airports, 7 Customs Airports, 78 Domestic Airports and 26 Civil enclaves at Military Airfields. AAI also has ground installations at all airports and 25 other locations to ensure safety of aircraft operations. AAI covers all major air-routes over Indian landmass via 29 Radar installations at 11 locations along with 89 VOR/DVOR installations co-located with Distance Measuring Equipment (DME). 52 runways are provided with Instrument landing system (ILS) installations with Night Landing Facilities at most of these airports and Automatic Message Switching System at 15 Airports.No. of Vacancies :
|Post code||Name of post||No. of Vacancies & Reservation|
|General||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||SC||ST||Total|
|01||Junior Executive(Air Traffic Control)||101||54||30||15||200|
|Opening Date for On-Line Registration of Applications||9th January, 2016||10.00 AM onwards|
|Last Date for Completion of Step-1 of On-Line Registration||30th January, 2016||Up to 1800 hrs|
|Last Date for depositing examination fee at State Bank of India||4th February, 2016||Banking business closing Hours|
|Last Date for completion of Step-2 of On-Line Registration
which is also closing of Registration
|9th February, 2016||Up to 1800 hrs|
Minimum Qualification :
The candidate should possess the following qualifications for on-line registration of application:
Junior Executive (ATC):Regular full time Bachelor’s Degree of three years in Science (B.Sc.) with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks or full time regular Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks.
The candidate shall have minimum proficiency in both spoken and written English of the level of 10+2 standard. He/she shall also attain the ICAO language minimum proficiency level 4 (operational) for the purpose of issue of license or rating. Any candidate who is not able to attain ICAO proficiency level 4 or able during the training, his /her services are liable to be terminated.
The departmental candidates possessing recognized degrees obtained through part-time/correspondence/distance education mode are also eligible to appear in the computer based test/online examination.
- Candidate must specifically indicate the percentage of marks obtained (calculated to the nearest two decimals) in the relevant column of the application. Where percentage of marks is not awarded by the University but only CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same shall be converted into percentage in terms of conversion norms of University in this regard, besides indicating the CGPA/OGPA in the application. Candidate will have to produce the certificate/document issued by the University evidencing conversion formula of university & percentage of marks, when called for document verification.
- Round off %age will not be acceptable under any circumstances for consideration for appointment i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%.
- The date of declaration of result / issuance of Mark Sheet shall be deemed to be date of acquiring the qualification and there shall be no relaxation on this account.
Scale of Pay: : Rs.16400-3%-40500 (E-1)Emoluments:
In addition to Basic Pay, increment @3% of Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perks @ 46% of Basic Pay, HRA and Other benefits which includes CPF, Gratuity, Social Security Schemes, Pension, Medical Benefits, uniform etc., are admissible as per AAI rules.
The total emoluments per annum would be around Rs.7 lakhs for the post of Junior Executive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are advised to read the following instructions carefully before applying on- line and also all the instructions given on main instruction page of on-line applications:
i). Candidates are required to apply On-line through AAI website www.aai.aero in English only. The link is available on www.aai.aero under tab “CAREERS”. No other means/mode of submission of applications will be accepted under any circumstances. The on-line registration process involves 02 (two) steps for successful registration of the application.
ii).Candidates should have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of
this recruitment process. Registration number, password, admit card for written test/interview or any
other important communication will be sent on the same registered e-mail ID of candidate (also check email
in spam/junk box). The candidates are, therefore, requested to check regularly their e-mail for any
communication from AAI. Under no circumstances, the candidate should share/mention e-mail ID or
password to/or any other candidate /person.
Please note that the Admit Card for written examination will not be sent by post.
iii.The candidates should ensure completion of both the Step-1 and Step-2 of the registration
process and depositing of application fee (if applicable) in any branch of State Bank of
by the stipulated date and time given in para 1 of this advertisement.
iv. Before starting to fill up the on-line application, the candidates should keep at hand the
a. His/her educational qualification details with percentage of marks as per eligibility criteria.
b. His/her personal details.
c. His/her Caste/Category Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC-NCL Candidates).
d. His/her Discharge Certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman Candidates.
e. His/her scanned photograph and signature (as per dimensions given below).
f. Any other details/documents required relating to eligibility criteria.
9. PLEASE REFER DETAILED INSTRUCTION SHEET WHILE FILLING UP THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
A. Candidates are now ready to apply on-line by visiting the AAI website and going to the
tab “CAREER” on AAI website: www.aai.aero.
B. First, the candidate has to sign up with valid email ID. After sign up, the system will generate user name and password which will be sent to the Email ID of the candidate.
C. Now the candidate has to login as a registered user and change the password as per his/her choice.
a. Candidates are now ready to apply on-line by revisiting the AAI website www.aai.aero and going to the tab “CAREER” on AAI website : www.aai.aero.
b. The candidates should now fill up all the required information in the on-line form about himself/herself correctly and register. Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in on-line application. Any mistake committed by the candidate shall be his/her sole responsibility. The changes /Modifications (if any) can be carried out by the candidate in the preview of the application (Step-1). Once the application is submitted (Step-1) no change/edit will be
c) On completion of Step-1, a message will be received in candidate’s registered email ID conveying his registration number, password and a link for printing the bank challan. The candidate should take a print of the bank challan.
This completes the Step-1 of on-line registration process. The candidate applying under SC/ST/Women categories are exempted from payment of fee (are not required to generate Bank Challan) as such they shall move to Step-2 of registration process directly.
d) The candidate should present the bank challan printed after Step-1 & deposit the requisite fee by presenting the bank challan printed under Step-1 to any branch of State Bank of India on all bank working days (after minimum 24 hrs of Step-1 completion). The Bank will return one copy of bank challan to the candidate as a token of receipt after accepting the examination fee. The copy of challan will also contain a transaction/journal number.
e) Candidates are advised to keep with them the copy of the bank challan as a token of remittance of fee for future reference.
f) On successful registration of on-line application Step-1, candidates are advised not to attempt for registration for the same post again since multiple registration numbers and passwords may create problem for candidates in future. In case of multiple registrations for the same post, the candidature is liable for cancellation/rejection without any notice/intimation to the candidate.
a) The candidates, who have deposited application fee, may check and confirm their payment status minimum 48 hrs after deposit of the application fees (from the closing hour of Bank Business). In case, the candidate deposited the fee at SBI and he is not able to confirm the deposit of the fee on AAI website after 48 hrs., then he should fill in the details in the “Grievance Redressal Form”, given at the end of this advertisement and send the same by email along with the scanned copy of the paid bank challan to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only on confirmation of payment of fees, the candidate will be able to access Step-2 of application for uploading of photograph & signature.
b) After depositing the examination/application fee in State Bank of India, candidate should keep the following items ready for completion of Step-2 of registration:
i. Clearly scanned copies of latest photograph and signature of self, as per prescribed dimension. In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate’s registration may be rejected.
ii.Registration number and password conveyed earlier to him through AAI’s e-mail under Step-1 of the on-line registration.
iii.An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form will not be considered as valid.
c) The mere fact that a candidate obtaining a Registration No. through On-Line for this particular advertisement would not bestow on him/her the candidature for selection process. The candidate has to ensure that he/she has successfully completed both STEP-I and STEP-II of the On-Line Registration Form.
d) FORGET PASSWORD:
If the candidate forgets his password, he may access the same by clicking “FORGOT PASSWORD” and by filling the necessary details as required by the system.
e) Instructions regarding scanning of PHOTOGRAPH and SIGNATURE: Scanned image of his/her photograph and signature, should be as per the specifications given below:
i. Photograph Image:
· Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture (Clicked in year 2015)
· Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
· Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
· If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade,
so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
· If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”.
· If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
· Photograph in cap/hat/dark glasses will not be acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it
must not cover the face.
· Size of scanned photograph file should be between 20kb-50kb and Dimensions
200X230 pixels, only.
· Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more
than 50kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, number of colours
etc., during the process of scanning.
ii) Signature image:
· The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black ink pen.
· The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
· The signature will be used to put on admit card and wherever necessary.
· If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination does not match with the signature on the admit card, the applicant will be disqualified.
· Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page.
· Size of signature file should be between 10kb-20kb Dimensions 140x60 pixels (preferred)
· Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
iii. Scanning the photograph & signature :
iii. Scanning the photograph & signature :
· Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
· Set Color to True Color
· File Size should be as specified above.
· Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
· The image file should be JPG/JPEG format. An example file name is: Image01.Jpg or image0.1jpeg. Image dimension can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.”
· Candidates using MS Window/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using “Save As” option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb (signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the “Image” menu.
· Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
· If the file size and format do not match with the prescribed size and format, an error message will be displayed. In such case, the candidate has to rectify the size and re-load it.
· The candidate should now login to upload his/her photograph and signature, as per the instructions given in the following paragraphs:
iv. Direction regarding uploading the photograph and signature:
· While filling in the online application form, the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
· There will be two separate links for uploading photograph and signature.
· Click on the respective link to Upload Photograph/Signature.
· Browse and select the location where the scanned photograph/signature file has been saved.
· Select the file by clicking on it.
· Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button. With this command the photograph/signature will
d) The applicants are also advised to verify the ‘transaction number’ of the challan appearing on the screen at the time of Step-2 of the on-line registration to ensure that the same matches with the transaction number mentioned on the copy of the challan given to them by the bank where they have deposited the fee. Candidates are advised to inform the AAI in case any discrepancy is noticed by them.
e) After the registration is confirmed by the system after completion of Step-2, a system-generated e-mail will be sent to candidate’s registered e-mail ID. The mail will contain a copy of information filled in by the candidate. The candidate should keep a copy of this information sheet after signing the same for his future guidance.
Under any circumstances, this should NOT be sent to AAI.
10. Other Instructions:
i. Admit card for written test/interview, containing the details of the centre/venue for the test/interview etc., will be sent to the candidates at their registered e-mail ID. The candidates are required to take a print-out of their admit cards. The candidates can also download their admit cards from the AAI website using their registration number and the password. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for written test/interview without valid admit card.
ii.Candidates are advised in their own interest to register on-line much before the closing date as per schedule mentioned in para-1 of this Advertisement and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fees to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the AAI’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam/disconnection.
iii.AAI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the AAI.
iv.Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. Application shall not be accepted through any other mode.
v.The Admit cards issued to the candidates are purely provisional. However, in case any ineligible candidate had been issued admit card and had appeared in the written examination or allowed to join the AAI, his/her candidature will automatically be treated as cancelled at any stage of this recruitment/service in AAI on grounds of his/her ineligibility. Therefore, before submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria as laid down in this advertisement. His/her candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility and other verifications before or after his/her appointment in AAI.
vi.The decision of the AAI about the eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection to the post etc. shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
11.IDENTITY VERIFICATION: The candidates called for interview shall be advised to
produce certaindocuments in original and also to submit the attested photocopies thereof at the
time of document verification. Such documents shall be listed in the call letter. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt or he/she is not able to produce the requisite documents or there is mismatch of information in the documents, he/she will not be allowed to appear for interview and his/her candidature will be treated as cancelled.
12.BACKGROUND CHECK: In case of selection on the above-said post, such selection shall be provisional subject to verification of character and antecedents of the candidate and verification of caste certificate and other documents submitted by the candidate and subject to his/her meeting the requisite medical standards for the post and other requirements applicable for appointments under the rules of AAI.
13. SC/ST Certificate: Reservation of vacancies for SC/ST will be as per Government of India directives. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category shall have to submit the attested copy of Caste certificate issued by the Competent Authority at the time of document verification.
14.OBC Certificate: OBC candidates included in the Central List having certificate for the current financial year in the format prescribed by Central Government for Government Services will be given benefit of OBC Reservation. The candidates applying against vacancies reserved for OBCs should note that they have to produce a valid caste certificate at the time of document verification in support of their belonging to OBC community as per rule of Government of India as issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format for this purpose so as to prove that they do not belong to “Creamy Layer” of the OBCs. Further, the caste to which the candidate belongs should be the one included in the Central list of OBC issued by the Government of India. A declaration shall also be submitted by the candidate before his/her appointment that he/she does not belong to the Creamy Layer of OBC. OBC Non Creamy Layer Certificate for admission to educational purposes will not be considered.
15. If the SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/ Hindi the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
16. The process of written test/interview does not involve any correspondence by the AAI with candidate at any stage regarding deficiency in application/documents/payment of examination / application fee, etc. It shall be responsibility of the candidate to satisfy himself/herself to furnish correct, complete and desired information/documents etc. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates found ineligible and not called for interview or document verification or for non-selection.
17.AAI will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., if any, of previous employment of any candidate already working in Government/Semi Government/Public Sector Undertaking.
18. Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in
19. ACTION AGAINST MISCONDUCT:
i. Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any documents/information that are false, tampered, fabricated or should not suppress any material information while filling up the “on-line” application.
ii. At any stage of recruitment or later, if a candidate is or has been found guilty of any misconduct such as:
a. Using unfair means during the examination; or
b. Impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person; or
c. Misbehaving in the examination hall or taking away question booklet/answer sheets from the examination hall; or
d. Resorting to any irregular means in connection with his/her candidature during selection process; or
e.Canvassing in any form /Using undue influence for his/her candidature by any means; or
f. Submitting of false certificates/documents /information or suppressing any information at any stage; or
g.Giving wrong information regarding his/her category (SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PWD/Ex-Servicemen) while appearing in the examination or thereafter; or
h.Writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter in the script(s); or
i. Being in possession of calculator, mobile phone, pager, bluetooth, headphone, earplug, laptop, ipad and other computing /communication devices;
j. Possessing any form of textual material/handwritten (or typed) pages etc. in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to legal/criminal prosecution, will also become liable to be:
i. Disqualified from the examination and/or ;
ii. Debarred either permanently or for a specified period from any examination / recruitment and/or ;
iii.Discharged/removed/dismissed from service, if the act of misconduct comes to notice after his/her appointment to the service of AAI.
20.Calculator, Mobile phone, Pager, Bluetooth, Headphone, Earplug, Laptop, Ipad and other computing / communication devices will not be permitted inside the examination centre. Therefore, the candidates shall be responsible for safe-keeping of such devices because arrangement for keeping these devices safe, cannot be assured by AAI/Examination Centre.
21.There shall be complete ban on possessing or using the electronics devices such as Mobile Phone or its accessories, texted/printed material /calculator in the examination Hall, finding which the candidature of the candidate shall be cancelled, the candidate shall be banned at least for 5 years for applying for any post in AAI and also action may be taken against him under Indian Penal Code.
22. Information on website only: All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/ interview call letters etc. shall be provided
through email/uploading on AAI website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card/interview call/ any other information shall be of the candidate. AAI will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her mail/website in time. Candidates are not required to send any document to AAI.
23. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at
24. Only queries related to ONLINE APPLICATION SOFTWARE such as submission of application, OTP, challan etc. the candidate is advised to fill Grievance Redressal Form attached with this advertisement and send the same to email@example.com.
25. No query seeking advice on eligibility will be entertained.
26. Candidates will have an option to respond either in Hindi or English during interview.
27. The decision of AAI in respect of all matters pertaining to this recruitment would be final and binding on all candidates.
28. AAI reserves the right to modify/alter/restrict/enlarge/cancel the recruitment process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any further notice/any reasons thereafter. The decision of the Management will be final and no appear will be entertained against this issue.